Pan-African business platform, Under 40 CEOs since its inception has created a rich and diverse community made up of young African business leaders and aspirants, whilst empowering a generation of trailblazers and change drivers and continues in that stead as it celebrates 5 years of remarkable existence.
Having recorded over 100 episodes of media content featuring inspiring stories of young African business leaders from East, West and South Africa, the community has also contributed to boosting the ecosystem with curated events, such as Under 40 CEOs Forum, Under 40 CEOs Live, Under 40 CEOs Networking Events and an International Women’s Day event in Nigeria, Ghana, Rwanda and South Africa.
Speaking on the celebration, Familusi Akin Babajide, Executive Director Under 40 CEOs Africa said
“5 years is a great milestone to re-commit and re-dedicate ourselves to our vision and mission. The young African business leader may have displayed resilience at this time, however we will continue our work of supporting these businesses to ensure they not only survive but thrive”.
To commemorate its 5th year of productivity, provision of opportunities and community support, the governing body has officially announced plans of rewarding new and existing members, businesses, entrepreneurs, and participants with premium offerings and funding. Some of which includes;
1. 555 new annual membership subscriptions. 5 Platinum Memberships; 50 Bronze memberships and 500 Student memberships.
2. All members, old and new will be able to access the course – STARTING A BUSINESS IN AFRICA for free. The 5-module course is being designed and taught by subject matter experts within our community.
3. 50,500 copies of its book – Under 40 CEOs. How We Made It In Africa. Volume 1 will be distributed for free.
4. 5 workstations allotted to 5 winning businesses (based in Lagos, Nigeria) for 12 months.
5. Seed-funding of $1,300 (R22,000/N500,000/GHC7,500/RWFR1.23m) will be given to 5 winning businesses.
Ahead of the milestone mark in October, the Under 40 CEOs platform will open its floor to an array of businesses, entrepreneurs, personalities, young and inspiring African executives who possess the sheer drive and entrepreneurial leadership qualities, with the aim of spotlighting and empowering these entities.
Over the years, the Under 40 CEOs community has provided mentorship and networking opportunities, unlimited access to funding, inclusive participation on all levels, growth acceleration for members, programme participants, and this year the platform advertently pushes it people centric mission further, as it celebrates the workings of African achievers in the business spectrum.